This week, I got a very special delivery from Four Roses Bourbon !
They asked The Atlanta Food Bloggers’ Society to each make a holiday inspired dish using their bourbon. How exciting! So I received my Four Roses Bourbon in the mail, now it was time to create! I had so many ideas, but decided on a Bourbon Apple Crisp. I love Apple Crisp! Growing up in Ohio, my parent would take my brother and I apple picking every year. We would come home with all these delicious apples. It seemed like my mother had a million recipes that included these apples. Apple Crisp was one of many that I learned from her. Through out the years I’ve played around with the recipe and made it my own.
It’s so easy to make with only a few ingredients. You can even customize it to your liking. Add more cinnamon. Add ginger. Make it gluten free. Use your favorite variety of apple. ADD BOURBON!!! Yes! Why not add bourbon. It’s so smooth and tasty! So I gave it a try and it was a success! The flavor is just plain amazing! I made the recipe for two. Perfect for date night! With a glass of Four Roses Bourbon, it’s the ultimate nightcap.
Bourbon Apple Crisp
Makes 2 servings
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground clove
1/2 cup pecan, roughly chopped
I/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tbsp apple cider
2 tbsp Four Roses Bourbon
1 tsp melted butter
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1. Combine all crumble topping in a medium bowl with fork until it resembles crumbs. Set aside.
2. Combine all apple filling ingredients in a medium bowl. Let set for about 5-10 minute to allow the apples to get nice and happy.
3. Divide apple mixture between two 9.5 oz ramekins. Be sure to get a the remaining yummy juice from the bottom of the bowl and pour over the apples.
4. Top crumble over the apples.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Enjoy even more with scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream and a glass of Four Roses Bourbon!
Check out the other members of the Atlanta Food Bloggers’ Society and their Four Roses Bourbon recipes!
Red Velvet Confection | Honey Bourbon Baked Salmon
Atlanta Food Critic | Four Roses Bourbon El Dragon Verde
Beef and Chocolate | French Toast Stuffed Bourbon Mashed Bananas w/ Bourbon Maple Syrup
Front Porch Gourmet | Bourbon Cream Scallops with Candied Bacon
Sweet Savant | Infuse Your Booze Figgy Four Roses Bourbon
* I was given a bottle of Four Roses Bourbon for the purpose of making a holiday inspired recipe. I was given no monetary compensation for this post. This recipe and all opinions are that of my own.